Friday, December 12, 2008

First Snow

Well, it started snowing this afternoon, the first snow of the season. I was pleased to see the snow coming down and quickly covering the ground. If it's going to snow, I want it to be a real snow storm, not some wimpy stuff that doesn't even get the lawn covered. However, I did have some misgivings because I no longer look forward to shoveling snow. If it's very deep, snow shoveling soon gets to be real work. Jean has offered to let me get a snow blower but I'm not sure I want to spend that much money on something that I may use once a year or so. It might be cheaper to give some kid $10 to do it. It would probably take at least 20 years of snowing to match the cost of a snow blower. I think I can take care of the snow by myself for a while longer. I don't think I'll be making any snow angels though. To my friends in the South enjoy the snow, it's really neat stuff.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

bah humbug, and I did get a snowblower but a steep drive is still a problem.

bruce

Anonymous said...

You don't have to shovel rain.

Denson

DanG said...

I waited until 10:30 this morning to shovel the walks, hoping the walks would melt off. No such luck! I did just a snow shovel width on the walks.