Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Spring


Spring, and a young man's thoughts turn to love, but an old fart's thoughts turn to cleaning the flower beds. I think it's that time of the year. I got out my shorts today and wore them for the first time in 2007! Nearly froze to death...maybe 57 degrees is a little too cold even for a fat man. I did get some of the flower beds cleaned out and made an inventory of dead rose bushes. I lost several this winter, it wasn't really cold, but it got down to about 5 degrees and stayed there for a couple of weeks. I had some roses that were showing signs of stress last fall and they died. I am slowly learning how to grow roses thanks mostly to Paul, my next door neighbor. He worked in test plots in California for a number of years and knows how to take care of them. This is a picture of one of my roses that I took last summer.

No comments: