Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super Tuesday

I have spent more time than I care to admit in watching the results from "Super Tuesday" voting. It is somewhat amusing to hear the pundits talking about the various candidates. I have this feeling that they don't know much about the voting public. It is nice to think that maybe the voters can make their own decisions without being swayed by the news people. The pundits talk endlessly about all sorts of stuff and say nothing. What a waste of time!

I am surprised (sorta) that Huckabee is doing so well. He has proposed an amendment to the Constitution stating that this is a Christian country and advocates doing away with the income tax and putting a 10% federal sales tax in place. It is unbelievable that so many people would be in favor of either proposal. I guess the next thing would be requiring teaching creationism in all public schools.

I just hope that whomever the Democrats nominate is someone who can win the general election. Then we won't have to worry about an American Theocracy that could be just as restrictive as the Afghan Taliban.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know it's a bit late to be commenting on the Oregon post, but it is great to hear the news about the Domestic Partner law. I've had my 18 year relationship blessed in a private ceremony, civilly unionized in Vermont, and formally legalized as a marriage in MA. I'm a native Oregonian who left during the nasty "gay=pedophile" ballot measures of the late 80s and 90s. Good job, Oregon!