Friday, February 1, 2008

Reagan :Legacy

I see that the Republican candidates for president all claim to be cut in the Reagan mold. They seem to think that is a good thing. Considering that Reagan doubled the national debt trying to follow a discredited economic theory (supply side economics, the trickle down theory). GW is trying to follow in Ronnie's footsteps and has doubled the national debt again. When are people going to understand that you can't cut taxes and increase spending and have a balanced budget. We can't support a major war effort and cut taxes. You can't have both ways. At least the "Tax and spend" Democrats are honest about it. You want to buy something, you have to pay for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Um, I guess this isn't the time/place to admit to having a relative in the State Department under Ronnie and Bush...I do believe that for a time, he was one of Reagan's speechwriters...

But, this is the reason I'm a Dem.

Well, at least for now. With the way I've been seeing the Dems sell out, I might go Independent.