Thursday, June 11, 2009

KJS & Netie Rivera

Tuesday, June 9, clergy and wives were invited to a retreat in Bend at Trinity Church with Katherine Jefferts Shori and our newly elected Bishop, Bavi (Neti) Rivera. I have more or less been out of contact with the diocese for the past 2 or 3 years but I was impressed by Bishop Rivera at her installation at Cove in late May, so I thought it would be neat to see her and the Presiding Bishop of ECUSA. I went to Bend on Monday afternoon and stayed with my brother and his wife. It was good to see them especially since both are battling cancer and they are winning. I really enjoyed visiting with them, we don't see each other often enough. The retreat with Katherine and Neti was great! Those two ladies are really on the ball and their energy is infectious. I told Bishop Rivera that I was re-energized and would make an effort to become more involved. I can see that the Diocese will be in good hands for the first time in over 7 years. It may take a while to get her up to speed as to whom we are and what we are about, but I'm sure that she will "get" it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bette's biopsy came back and the lymph node were clear.The Dr. said that he found cancer in the part removed but feels that he got it all. Good news.

Bruce