Thursday, November 8, 2007

Checking In

It's been a while since I wrote anything, so I thought I would check in. It has been an interesting week so far. Monday I went to a friend's house to pick up her kitchen table to take it to my shop to fix it. The base had broken when they moved it and I offered to repair it. So, I took the top off and proceeded to carry the base out to my pickup. She held the door and storm door open for me as I headed down the porch steps. Do you need any help, she asked. No, I said as I took the first step down the four concrete steps to the sidewalk, it's not heavy. With that I misses the first step and headed head first for the sidewalk. In a feat of supreme agility for a 68 year old man, I twisted my body to the left so that my body and the table hit the grass and not the sidewalk. Fortunately, I escaped relatively unscathed; a wrenched shoulder and a hyper-extended elbow that only hurt for a day or so. I would like to report that I am ok and I have completed the repairs to the table, including the leg that broke as I fell off the steps. All's well that ends well. I guess I need to look out for those steps and watch my step.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be careful out there. You're no spring chicken you know.

Denson