Friday, November 23, 2007

We're Back

We returned this afternoon from a Thanksgiving visit to our son and grandchildren in Arkansas. We had a great time. For the first three days the weather was fabulous. Highs in the 70's and lows in the 50's. Then it got cold. And Rainy. And colder. When we left this morning the temperature was 23 degrees, same as Denver!. It got cold here too, my max/min thermometer showed 17 degrees as the minimum while we were gone.

We went to Devil's Den State Park one day. It is a fascinating area, both the geology and the scenery. Well maintained trails that an old man with poor balance could negotiate without much trouble. Our grandson joined a couple who were exploring The Devil's Den Cave. According to the map, the cave is only 550 ft. long, but it took them over an hour to go to the end and back. Some crawling and squeezing required. It's a good thing I didn't go in, I probably would have gotten stuck in the "Fat Man's Squeeze" and I would have had to stay there until I lost enough weight to get unstuck.
I'll post some photos tomorrow. We're glad to be home. Sophia our cat is glad we're back, she hasn't left our side.

No comments: