Saturday, June 7, 2008

November Elections

Well, the Democrats have finally come up with a probable nominee for President. Now we all have to get together and support Barak Obama in his bid to become the first Black President. I heard on PBS this past winter a black man quoting his mother who said "it will be harder for a female to be elected than a Black man". It looks as though she was right. Now I hope that the Democrats don't screw it up and lose to McCain. When that long list of possible Demo candidates came out last fall I thought at the time that I hoped that someone other than Hillary or Obama was nominated because I felt that they were both unelectable. I still have that fear, it seems that they both have a lot to attack, and attack the Republicans will. I think that maybe I was wrong. There seems to be a lot of support for Obama and Hillary. I have been getting e-mails asking me to get behind Obama and get him elected. I'll do what I can, but I don't see many folks in Malheur County voting for a man of color for president.

No comments: