Friday, June 20, 2008

Tired not Retired

This has been a busy week for me. Jean found out Sunday that the guy who was dispatching for the trucking company was leaving. He has a wealth of knowledge of the trucking business and felt he couldn't refuse a salary twice his current amount. I volunteered to learn the dispatching business and fill in until the right dispatcher was found. Alan has been great as a teacher. He allowed me one day to observe, one day to learn the software, and then put me to work with him acting as back-up. I know that I won't live long enough to amass the knowledge that Alan has, but I think that by the time he leaves I'll be able to get by. I just got used to staying up late and getting up at 7 and then a good nap after lunch. This morning we were up and working by 7 AM. I'm going to have to get to bed earlier, or I won't last another week.

It is fun to take on a challenge and make it. My brain is sure getting a workout. Do you have some freight you want moved? Call me at Schatzie Trucklines, Inc.

No comments: