Monday, February 9, 2009

The Shack

I just finished reading a fascinating book by William P. Young entitled The Shack. It is a work of fiction set in North Eastern Oregon about a man's encounter with God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. The author uses a shack in the mountains near Joseph, Oregon to present his concept of God. When I first got the book I was afraid it was going to be one of those "This is the correct view of God" things with quotations from Leviticus, Judges and all the other Old Testament books. I'm leery of those kinds of books, I was almost "saved" a couple of times in my youth by born again Christians before the term was popular. I was pleasantly surprised! This guy thinks like I do and he uses a tragedy to paint an amazing portrait of God in an engaging story. I suspect that many Christians will be quite upset by his views, but for me it is spot on. Read it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Janice and I have both read it and found it very thought provoking.
It's a good read.