Sunday, January 18, 2009

Inauguration Concert

I had forgotten about the Concert at the Lincoln Memorial today. We didn't do much today, just lay around and watched TV. Then this afternoon we went to Ontario to see the movie "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" with Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchet. What a wonderful film. I had seen the trailers on TV and I was intrigued, so we went over to see it. It was indeed a wonderful and wonder filled movie. I hope it does well because it is such a thought provoking picture. Go see it.

We got home a little after 7 pm and had a bite to eat. Then Jean went to take a shower and I watched the end of the Pittsburgh Baltimore football game. I was casting around for some thing else to watch when our daughter called from Massachusetts. The snow and ice are causing a lot of problems, especially for Cathy since she uses a walker. It's tough to push one of those things through the snow. Jean got out of the shower just as Cathy and I were ending our phone call, so I gave the phone to Jean and came in to check my e-mail. Now comes the part about the Inaugural Concert. I went to my home page at Google and they had photos and live feeds from Washington D.C. For the first time in many years I found myself being strongly moved by the words of our new President. I have a deep feeling of hope for our nation despite the many challenges it faces. I think we did it right this time, I think that we have someone who will bring us together rather than try to keep us in fear. I will keep President Obama in my prayers.

No comments: