Thursday, April 16, 2009

More Musing

Do you get pissed off when a waitress calls you "hon" or "sweetheart"? It feels condescending to me like I'm a little doty and need someone to take care of me.
I have just gotten a new one: when I ask for my Senior Discount the little punk at the cash register says, "Can I see your ID". I want to punch him in the mouth and say do you want more of my ID?

Why are people too lazy to put their shopping carts back where they're supposed to be? You start to pull into a parking spot and there is a cart smack dab in the middle! So out of the car and move the cart out of the way.

What happened to the fifty cent piece? Did they stop making them? My pocket gets so full of change that I have to off load it and give the cashier exact change for a $2.42 item. That's 9 quarters, 3 nickels and 2 pennies. And I still have a pocket full of change.

Why do people get onto the freeway at 37 miles an hour, while heading straight onto the freeway like they have the right of way. It's especially tough in Idaho, as they come off the on ramp without looking right or left. On the same vein, why do people get into the fast lane and drive about 5 - 10 mph below the speed limit?

Feel free to add your own pet peeves. Lord knows there are lots of them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a groutchty old man to me, what, you want a perfect world?
and how about people who think yield means stop. If you stop when you enter a rounder you disrupt the traffic flow.

Bruce