Saturday, January 5, 2008

Taking Down the Tree

I get to take the Christmas Tree down this weekend. It's been up since the first week in December. Fortunately it's an artificial tree or it would be just bare sticks and a pile of brown needles on the carpet. It has been a pretty tree this year, I got a good do on it. Theoretically, the Christmas Tree is to be unveiled on Christmas Eve and taken down on Epiphany, the end of the 12 days of Christmas. A priest friend of ours used to call those trees that went up early "Advent Trees" because they were up for the entire season of Advent. Oh well, I like them up as long as possible. I sometimes think it would be fun to leave it up all year, after all, it is artificial. I suspect that TDLI (The Designated Love Interest, i.e. WIFE)would make me take it down. It would make the place cheery though. At least I won't be vacuuming fir needles from the carpet for the rest of the year.

No comments: