Saturday, November 8, 2008

Raking Leaves

We have two trees in our backyard and one in the front. The two in the back are Chinese Elms or something like that. They are messy trees with a lot of dead limbs and seeds in the spring. They give great shade in the summer and keep the yard cool. The tree in the front is an Ash and shades our bedroom. I enjoy all three trees except in the fall when they drop their leaves. My usual practice is to mow the leaves with a lawn mower, but now that I am working 5 days a week I don't have time to do timely mowings and now the leaves are too thick to mow. I have decided to take the local High School Auto Club's offer to rake the leaves of local seniors. I guess that means I am beginning to accept the title of Senior Citizen. As I have stated in other writing, I don't feel like a Senior Citizen, and I even try to rationalize my decision to accept help from the high school kids. I guess I'll just have to accept the favors offered to a 69 year old.

No comments: