Tuesday, November 18, 2008

To Sleep, Per Chance to Dream...

I'm finally going to have my sleep test to see if I do indeed have Sleep Apnea. My Kidney Dr. recommended I be tested a year ago, but his office fell down on scheduling the test and I didn't remind them. This year they really got on with it and Thursday night I will go to Meridian, Idaho to a sleep center to be tested. I have read the brochures and talked to Cathy, so I am prepared, but I have trouble with people watching me sleep. It really isn't any different than a hospital stay except they don't wake you every 4 hours to give you your sleeping pills. I guess that my biggest concern is the idea that I may have to use a CPAP machine for the rest of my life. My concern is really about being able to sleep with the device that is designed to help you sleep. Rather foolish, I know, but there it is. I guess that if this is the most intrusive thing in my life I shouldn't be concerned. I'll keep my 4 readers posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have used C PAP for two years now and have never slept better, it does take a little getting used to but works great,

Bruce

sharecropper said...

Hey, Dan, I just got a sleep test at Cleveland Clinic - they do it in a hotel room with all amenities. And, I did sleep, but they never let you sleep long enough - about 10:30 ready and hooked up, awakened about 5 am. And, yes, I have to have a C pap, but I'm told that they fit you for the mask; so I'm excited about getting enough rest. Hope this goes well for you. You're in my thoughts.